My First LONG Weekend (Well, in a while!)
Family Day long weekend was… ah-mazing. A brief recap, because, well, sleeping > blogging.
- Every year since I’ve started this blog I’ve written some epic, long “Valentines Day” post. This year I didn’t. And I didn’t because I just didn’t have any desire to. I know I joke a lot about being single forever with not even a cat in site (because I’m a dog person, yo), but truthfully, for whatever reason, through my the bitterness of all this, light has started to shine through, and I finally have a glimmer of hope for myself again. It’s nice. And it’s what saved me on Friday. I ended up working late, then making myself dinner solo at home, watching House of Cards(!!!), and having a friend swing by with a coffee. It was delightful, and perfect.
- Saturday was CrossFit - I already wrote about this, but heading back to CrossFit again has forced me to confront my weight gain, which I think is a good thing. Something has to change. Something is going to change.
- Saturday evening I had a bunch of old (from highschool!) friends over. They are the best, and it was awesome to see them and catch up. I fed them pizzas, and wine, and candy. We laughed a whole lot, and officially decided to bring the double finger guns back. Get on board.
Sunday I went horse riding at le barn (surprise surprise). I thought my fingers would freeze off approximately 3.2 million times. That is not a lie. But overall, it was awesome. I’ll bare ya the details, but TOOT TOOT (<— me tooting my own horn) I’m really good at riding, and had an awesome ride on Sunday. For horse folks, I lunged a horse, while riding another horse. Yup. Think about that. Whoa.
- After riding I went to my parents abode as my brother was home for Reading Week (is that a thing in other countries? March Break for uni students? Anywho….). I pretty much binge watched the Olympics and Googled my way through it. I can’t get over how some people even end up in these sports. For reals, who declares they’re going to enroll their child in the skeleton, or bobsled, or the luge? So crazy.
- Monday (today! today!) I went back to the barn, because, well, y’know. It wasn’t too cold so I went and hung out with some horses in the fields (yes, this is my life). Horses are seriously so amazing - they read your body language through and through. I also took some pretty photos which I like.
- And finally, this evening I went to my friend Emily’s to watch the drama-rama that is Juan, from The Bachelor. She made the most divine meal, and I got to meat her new puppy, Rallie. She is the best (and by she I mean Em & Rallie).
I feel like nobody and their mother didn’t slightly cares about this weekend recap, but this was the fist week day I’ve had off since I started work, and needless to say it was so glorious having a three day break.
Once upon a time I was the cliche gal, sitting at a desk, thinking “life has got to be about more than this,” and so (as you know) I quit my job and went traveling, but the thing is… from traveling and living in Australia and not having a 9 - 5 type job I came to realize how very wrong I was. This IS what life is about. The routine. The friends. The family. The breaks. The buying a new cushion and being stupidly happy at how it makes the room come together (really, it does). I am so thankful I’m home. I’m so lucky I have my job. And I am so thrilled that my random (to you) weekend filled my heart with so much joy. The end.