Well. Well. Well. What do we have here?
Gap Jeans (Legging Jeans, size 33)
Forever 21 pink (pink!) top (Size L and $12)
Banana Republic orange cardigan (Size L and $18)
Forever 21 orange necklace ($4.50)
Cotton On (Australian store) orange flats
Forever 21 bangles ($3)
Not having 50 Shades of Grey under my eyes because I went to bed early last night: priceless
Snow? On April 15th? Pssh. Whatever. I’m still going to wear my $6.99 floral, spring shirt from Forever 21. Because that’s how I roll. Although, technically speaking, I am in so much pain from KICKING ASS AND TAKING NAMES at CrossFit yesterday, that I couldn’t roll, or run, or move really today. Fun times.
In other news, I have work up to my hoo-ha right now, have drank three coffees so far today (and am eyeing my fourth), had the worst migraine of my life last night (from the drastic weather change?), have lost my iPhone charger (howww?), realized Forever 21 has a “plus size” section, which lead to a $120 online shop (high five), am going to CrossFit again tonight (whhhhhhy?!), was asked out for a second date, after a very successful first date (exccccellent), and am counting down the days till Easter-Vacay. Okay. That’s it, and that’s all.
Well, well, well. Look at what we have here. Me back in my old hood!
I had lunch today with my old boss, and? and it was truly so wonderful. A blast from the past, if you will. Seeing all the familiar faces I once saw each and every day for four years brought back so many good memories. My old boss said such nice things to me over a very delicious (and super healthy) lunch. It was lovely to catch up. Lovely to move past the boss/employee relationship. I thanked him so much for taking a chance on me, all those years ago (he took a chance on me when I was 22!).
I didn’t think too much about heading back to my old stomping ground, but when I arrived in the bottom of my old building, I had so many memories flood back to me. Everything was so familiar. Everything was just the same. And then suddenly, without warning, I had this overwhelming memory of walking those halls and dreaming of all the places I wanted to travel; New Zealand, Australia, Nepal (to name a few!).
And now here I was, nearly three years later, back in Toronto, back in my old building, back in my old office, back eyeing my old corner cubicle desk, but now having accomplished everything I set out to do.
It was weird, and awesome, and weird. And I know, this is soooo lame, but I felt so proud of myself for actually having fulfilled all those dreams. Proud that I did everything I had set out to do. Everything I had dreamed of from that cubicle desk, e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g., I had done. And damn, you guys, it felt good knowing I had crossed off so many big dreams.
This day. This day. This fabulous day. Fralalal. Lalalala.
I am in a good mood for no reason at all. Perhaps because I made scrambled eggs this morning for breaky, and then got a chicken salad for lunch (eating healthy FTW). I also like my outfit. And yes, yes, yes, the scale was down. That helped. Okay. That’s all. You can carry on now.
So… I went shopping today. Because… as I’ve now mentioned 3.2 million times, I start my new job on Tuesday (yay!) and the dress code is “business casual” there, but jeans are allowed each and every day.
My previous Toronto job, as you may recall, was super-fancy dress, which means I am somewhat out of my comfort zone here. Casual I can do. Business I can do. But business-casual… what does that mean?!
Things to note:
- I went to Gap, H&M, Zara, Loft, Jacob, Banana Republic, Artizia, and J.Crew (note: how does J.Crew get away with being that pricey? For reals. It’s insane in there).
- I purchased all of the above except the grey blazer (it was too pricey), and the shiny black top in the middle, bottom photo (it made me look frumpy)
- Boots make outfits better
- The black dress is a little too tight, but it’s a SIZE EIGHT!! (from Loft). They didn’t have a 10 to try on, so I figured I’d give the 8 a shot, and wahoo - it zipped up!
- Major sales at Banana Republic today (I also purchased this L’Wren Scott BR Collection skirt which I think will be really nice paired with black stockings, small pumps, and a black top)
- I find finding tops are soooo much easier for me than finding pants/skirts. I tried on a pair of H&M red pants, and even though they were size 12, they didn’t even go over my bum.
- The jeans I’m wearing in the above photos are Gap’s “legging jeans” and they’re AMAZING. Gap has a 50% sale coming up on December 11th, so I’m going to order them online in black.
- I currently have a MASSIVE zit on my chin. Blah. The worst.
- I was okay with my weight/size today. I didn’t wish I was size 00, or smaller, or whatever, but simply just shopped for my current body. It made shopping a lot easier. But I have to note I’m excited to move out, find a routine, and lose some weight!
- My mom made me that grey hat for my birthday. The wool is so soft & delicious.
- Anyone know of good fashion blogs - but blogs that post REAL clothes, like the ones above? None of the high-end stuff I can’t afford? I need business-casual inspiration!
I am feeling good, in dee neighborhood. And by ‘good’ I mean skinny. Well, skinny for me.
Funny how the mind works; on the way up at this exact weight I thought I was a whale. On the way down I feel like a supermodel; strutting my stuff all over zee place (not really, but y’know, I feel good, I feel accomplished).