I always seem to like people more than they like me.
EPIC fail in forecasting the future.
My run didn’t happen. The excuse? The weather, which I’m going to go ahead and say is legit. I have no idea what I’m going to do now as I don’t want to run tomorrow (day before the 15k), but there’s no way I’m running tonight… Sigh.
I guess this means I’ll be running the 15k on Saturday with only my 8k run from Tuesday backing me up.
Should be interesting…
ps Yes, Yes that says “Tornado Warning” WTF Toronto, WTF.
I already have blacked out tonight’s run because I can see the future, didn’t you know?
Tonight I have an excellent 11 kilometer run. My feet don’t hurt, the humidity is gone, there is a nice breeze and a beautiful sunset. My iPod and Nike+, George, work superbly as I run to the 90s top 100hits, because yes, that is what I downloaded last night.
Ps I actually do lose all the weight in the future, stay tuned.
My current outfit. Please note, this is a GOAL skirt.
Click Me! to see the white skirt gracing my lady lumps Feb 23, 09. I’m not sure if I’m actually ready to wear this skirt in public, but for reasons unexplained I somehow found the confidence this morning.
Paired with heels and huge sunglasses I got two ‘hollas’ and a whistle from construction guys this morning.
It’s going to be an excellent day :)
Good News and More Good News
- Victoria Secret found the bathing suit! Yea! I am so happy. In retrospect it was totally my fault (cough I entered my work postal code as apposed to my condo’s cough).
- My little iPod, George, has been revived! Although I’m still quite skeptical of his music playing skillz and for that reason may take him to the MAC store for a routine check up tonight (Thanks to Rachael for emailing me CPR instructions for him)
- I purchased Bodyglide to heel my chafing arms. Take note Ben of my heeling skillz.
- I’m going here tonight in search of new shoes. Apparently New Balance has “wide” feet runners. Hopefully I’ll report tonight with a new pair of babies.
- The more I think about WW and my eating habits the last few months, the more I think I was a complete idiot. I’ve already learnt that points add up so quickly and chances are my bad meals (although they only occurred once or twice a week) kept my plateau going… and going… and going… Point? I now have high hopes for WW!
- I just checked 14 voicmessage on my cell and none were bad! Yay! I hate voice messages. I always feel like I’m in trouble or I’m about to receive some terrible news… but nope, mostly they were just hungover messages from friends, or drunk friends trying to find me.
Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes, Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes, Silver white winters that melt into springs, These are a few of my favorite things…
- Chocolate almonds. They’re my kryptonite. Along with cookies and oreo ice-cream.
- Yellow sweaters. They brighten an outfit and a room.
- Head bands with flowers. Oh how very Blair Waldorf of me.
- My hair in big waves. Sadly as I’ve been running so much lately I never do my hair nicely anymore.
- Heels. 5” max, I like to be able to look good and walk
- Wearing party dresses with heels
- The invention of the hair straightener. (Can I get a hallelujah?)
- Dogs and horses, (Rhodesian ridge-backs and American Saddlebreds, duh)
- The Sun, Beaches, Mountains. Yes, it’s cliche’ (much like this list), but oh so very true.
- Hiking (preferably on mountains)
- Ignition by R. Kelly, why I love this song so much I’ll never know, (So gimme that toot toot, And Ill give you that beep beep, Runnin her hands through my fro….. )
- Blogs and Emails and Emails and Blogs
- Queen’s University and anything Brock 280 in general
- Newly painted bright nail polish
- Cold pillows and warm beds. Hmm this is an absolute favourite.
- Reading. Summer Sisters, by Judy Blume holds a special place in my heart.
- Thunder Storms with lightening that zaps
- Bikes with baskets
- Cottages, perhaps with kayaking.
- Newly shaven legs
- High waisted skirts
- The smell of horses. It’s more what it represents yo - farm life!
- N.Y.C. (Holla at Em.D… I know I owe you one hell of an email. It’s coming soon. You’ve been warned :) )
- Friends visiting from out of town
- Sleeping in.
- Writing in cursive in my journal
- Tanned skinned (except for the wrinkles, eegads)
- Europe especially London, but especially Paris
- Van Gogh’s Starry Night. I chased this painting around Europe and never saw it. Finally last year I saw it in NYC. There were tears, I felt like a douche, but I simply love it. No clue why.
- Crossing finish lines; whether this be running, at work, in life.
- Men in suits with gym bags. (Yup, this still holds very true)
- Butterflies. In my stomach. Not the actual creatures.
I know what you’re thinking… You’re wondering why I think I’m Oprah, what’s that nobody cares about my favourite things? Meh. I say meh! to those people.
And secondly, what’s that? You recognize the list? That’s because it’s probably yours. Sigh, oh how very cliche’ I am? I am. But what can I do? This is simply me, myself and I.
Me: I joined WW today
Roommate: Oh yea? that’s good
Me: Yea, I’m really excited about it. So you’ll see me figuring out my points from now on.
Roommate: You should probably start by throwing out the fudgesicles and not buying them anymore.
Me: Well that’s the beauty of it, I don’t have to. I’m allowed everything and anything as long as it’s within my daily points, so I can keep them. They’re 2 points per bar, so I could even have one tonight.
Roommate: Yea, but if you were actually serious about losing weight you wouldn’t even buy that stuff… That doesn’t make sense.
Our conversation last night. It really pissed me off. I’m not sure exactly why.
Highest Weight: 203
Current Weight: 171
Goal Weight: 125(!)