One Twenty Five
Snow? On April 15th? Pssh. Whatever. I’m still going to wear my $6.99 floral, spring shirt from Forever 21. Because that’s how I roll. Although, technically speaking, I am in so much pain from KICKING ASS AND TAKING NAMES at CrossFit yesterday, that I couldn’t roll, or run, or move really today. Fun times.
In other news, I have work up to my hoo-ha right now, have drank three coffees so far today (and am eyeing my fourth), had the worst migraine of my life last night (from the drastic weather change?), have lost my iPhone charger (howww?), realized Forever 21 has a “plus size” section, which lead to a $120 online shop (high five), am going to CrossFit again tonight (whhhhhhy?!), was asked out for a second date, after a very successful first date (exccccellent), and am counting down the days till Easter-Vacay. Okay. That’s it, and that’s all.
Bullet points. Because that’s how I roll.
- This photo looks SOOOO posed, but I’ve been in this exact position for the past 3.2 hours, and written a bunch of things, and now here I am writing a blog post to you.
- I missed you, Little Blog, but then I also really didn’t miss you at all. Actually, for about three days I completely forgot you existed… which was pret-ty awesome. Why? Because I’ve always wondered if I could just one day step away from this blog, and the answer is yes. Definitely yes.
- But that day isn’t today (baby)
- So when I was in high school a teacher once told me to go home each night and sit down and write down the things I remembered from class that day. She said it would dramatically help me remember the lectures - just having my mind take a moment to actively remember something, helps you remember it in the future. Well…. I realized this blog is like that for my life. Things I blog about I remember really well. No blog post, and I’m all like, whhhhhat did I do?!? So long bullet-point short: Blogging really is my diary.
- It’s only been a few short days since I wrote, but so much has happened I have to scroll through my phone to remember it all.
- We’ll start with this: a very very very good friend got engaged! Wahoo! High-fives for all. I totally knew it was coming (hello surprise trip to Dubai & Jordan), but I still beamed with all the love when I heard the news, and then saw her ring. Also, let it be known that I am also incredibly excited to wear a sari to their wedding.
- On Thursday night I classed myself up and drank more wine (and shots) at a work party than you probably would have. But don’t you worry for a second, because I just blended in. It was all sorts of fun, but I tell ya, this bod-ay of mine is not what it used to be. Because whoa. I was a hot-mess on Friday morning, but really, and truly I blame work for this. (Also. Also. I love my job more than I knew it was possible to love a job. Every day I’m hustlin.’ Everyday I’m, everyday I’m, everyday I’m hustlin,’ and learning, and improving, and it’s ridiculously awesome to be part of a start up and watch how fast everything changes.)
- What else? I got a new plant for my desk. That was exiting. AND. It was so sunny and warm this past week we sat on the patio at lunch. *does a cartwheel*
- I also somehow found time to configure American Netflix this past week. I note this because… wha?! You guys have a TLC section and reality section?!? Goodbye life.
- I also actively started trying to spend at least an hour a day on okCupid and/or Tinder. I think the problem is I don’t care (right now) enough… because some awesome guys have messaged me, but I’m all like, “cool, later I will respond,” but then never do. Insert sad face here. I think the reason is I’m alone a lot, but not lonely, but I’m worried my alone-ness will turn into being lonely, so I may as well be pro-active about this. Make sense? No. Thought so. Well just know that I have date-date tomorrow. And I’ve been on too many dates lately to count.
- 'em eyelashes are amazing. Two weeks and going strong.
- So… I went to a naturopathic doctor this past week. It perhaps may have been the most honest and open hour of my life. Yes, I think about food too much. Yes, I occasionally binge eat all the food. Yes, I want to lose weight. Yes, I’ve been super freaking lazy lately. Yes, I’ve got underlying issues. And $200 later I breathed a sigh of relief. She pretty much said I’m really normal, and nothing she heard was new. And she gave me tips if a binge hits (take a bath. eat in front of a mirror), and also told me to cut out (my beloved) sweeteners (which I have), and gluten (which I also have, except for tonight when I had beer with friends). Overall I’m feeling excited about this. I was adamant I didn’t want a quick-fix (to lose weight fast), but rather something that slowly changes my lifestyle. I am also now taking magnesium pills, but I sort of give the side-eye to this.
- Anywho, I will be seeing her every two weeks, and will most likely keep you up to date on the results. Also. 30% body fat right now. So that’s a fact. Cool. (And I just want to note she pinched my fat to measure my body-fat. PINCHED MY FAT. That is literally a fat person’s worst nightmare. I felt like I was in an episode of the Simpsons. Gah. The love-handles. My stomach. Ohmygawd.)
- On a completely separate (yet obviously related) note: I’M GOING TO JAMAICA IN JUNE!!!!!!
- And I’m THISCERTAIN I’m going to run the Quebec City Half Marathon in August.
- Holy hot meatballs. This post is so long. I suppose this is what happens after too-much beer, too little sleep, and when I stop blogging my thoughts out. Ha.
- Tomorrow I get to see my favourite, gorgeous, niece, Lily, have a family-brunch, and then go on a date. Wahoo. Everything’s coming up Milhouse.
Here’s a little Monday morning colour.
Also. I’ve had very little desire to share my life online lately. No clue why. Perhaps it’s age. Perhaps I’ve just outgrown this space. Perhaps I’m just feeling lazy these days. I don’t know. But I’ll probably be quiet in this neck of the woods for a little while, so in the mean time, you can find my on Twitter &/or Instagram, where I seem to be a little more verbal online.
Sunday night food prep.
#TBT Spring in Paris. Out of all the places I travelled, Paris is the place I think about the most.